5 Tips How to Avoid Text Neck
How to avoid Text Neck!!
1. Take a break: Healthy Looking down is one thing but even holding your phone or tablet for extended periods of time can strain the muscles in the shoulders, arms and fingers. Try to switch it up by not remaining in the same position for longer than 30 minutes at a time. A short walk or some light stretches can do wonders.
2. Follow the 20-20-20 rule: To reduce eye strain, follow the 20-20-20 rule by looking about 20 feet ahead (or further, if possible) for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
3. Aim higher: Reduce neck strain by bringing your phone or tablet closer to eye level. When reading studies or watching lectures on a tablet, let your arms rest by propping the device up against something.
4. Use technology to your advantage: Several apps are available that detect the angle of the head and alert a person to adjust his/her posture.
5. Stretch it out: Here’s a simple exercise to stretch those neck muscles. Start by slowly turning your head toward left shoulder and holding for five seconds. Do the same on your right side and you’re done!