What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a safe, natural, effective therapy where thin sterilized needles are inserted into the skin. Acupuncture has been used for many illnesses both chronic and acute as well as for illnesses that are a result of a weakened immune system or an overstrained nervous system. Acupuncture is rooted in ancient Chinese traditions and may be used to help many physical issues.
Naturopathy is where east meets west. Combining the ancient wisdom of eastern medicine; advances made in western’s evidence based medicine; and trusting in the intelligence of the body to heal itself if given the proper support.
- Everything we put in our mouth to eat fuels us and provides us energy to keep our bodys going for both work and play. That being said, today our Standard North American Diet (SAD diet) is leading us into a constant state of systemic inflammation which can lead to degenerative diseases and a decreased quality of life.
- We will help design a program which will increase your overall health and quality of life. This will be accomplished by an in-depth assessment of your current health and medical conditions through history, symptoms as well as physical exams. The end goal is to provide you with an optimized nutritional plan to help you achieve a higher quality of life.
- Proper nutrition is very important, it provides your body with the nutrients it needs to heal and maintain strength. Nutritional support such as dietary recommendations and supplementation is very important in Naturopathic Medicine. They are paramount to ensuring the body has all its requirements to maintain and build health, address deficiencies, specific health concerns and assist the body in eliminating toxins.
- Lifestyle counselling is a very prominent aspect to both prevention and recovery. By addressing the link between health and lifestyle choices such as exercise, stress reduction techniques and breathing techniques, one can learn healthy habits that will help the mind; body and spirit maintain excellent overall health for life.
- Botanical medicine is a traditional medicinal practice based on the use of plants and plant extracts to heal individuals. Herbal medicines can be use for many uses such as inflammation, colds and flu, cardiovascular concerns, immune balancing or stimulating, coughs, and detoxification.
Shockwave Therapy is an extremely safe and effective form of treatment that produces a significant reduction in pain,and increases in your range of motion with improved mobility. The new Zimmer “Soft Shot” technology that we use, produces very comfortable treatment with quick results.